OREGON’S – WILLAMETTE VALLEY BABE RUTH BASEBALL
Home to the TED NORMAN Memorial Baseball Complex
VISIT YOUR AREA BELOW FOR TEAM INFORMATION
2018 Major & Major Minor Opening Day Competition Game & Event Schedule
JUNE 3RD COMPETITION DAY SCHEDULE AT THE COMPLEX–
11:30–North Eugene Majors vs. South Eugene Majors
1:15–Churchill Majors vs. Sheldon Majors
3:15–Elmira Majors vs. Thurston Major/Minor
11:30–Willamette Majors vs. Thurston Majors
1:15–Elmira Majors vs. Pleasant Hill Majors
3:15–Willamette Maroon MM vs. Sheldon MM
11:30–Willamette Black MM vs. Junction City MM
1:15–Pleasant Hill MM vs. Creswell MM
3:15–North Eugene MM vs. South Eugene MM
COMPETITIONS & PRIZES–
12:45–1:10 TEAM POLE RUNNING–
Team event with four players per team needed at $1 per player, $4 per team–Teams of four will run a to be determined on Comp day, amount of laps/poles per team, with winners being awarded a $25 gift certificate from Dick’s Sporting Goods, per player, worth a total of $100 per winning team. There is no official second place prize for this event, as there are actually four winners.
2:30–3:10 INFIELD COMP/LAST MAN STANDING–
$1 per player–Players will take two ground balls each, changing lines after every two, until they can’t keep a ground ball in front of them, or field it cleanly. An error eliminates you, with competition continuing until there is only one infielder left. Last player standing wins a $50 gift certificate from Dick’s Sporting Goods, while the second place infielder will win a pair of Mizuno batting gloves.
4:30–5:10 OUTFIELD TARGET COMP–
$1 per player–From Center Field each player will get five throws at the bucket sitting on home plate. Hitting the bucket without a bounce is worth 2 points, hitting it on the bounce is worth 1 and knocking off the item sitting on the bucket is worth an extra point. If after one round there are two or more players tied, there will be another round for those tied, played by the same rules. 1ST PRIZE is a $50 gift certificate from Dick’s Sporting Goods and second place will get a player a bucket of two dozen practice baseballs.
5:15–Until Completion HOME RUN DERBY–
$1 per player–HR=6, WALL SHOT=3, ONE HOP WALL=1–1ST PRIZE is a $50 gift certificate from Dick’s Sporting Goods and second place earns a pair of Mizuno batting gloves.
SPECIAL JUNE 3RD COMPETITION DAY, MACHINE GAME, RULES–
1) 6 inning games, with one hour and ten minute time limit.
2) 10 run rule after 5, 6 run per inning max, open 6th.
3) No Bunting!!!
4) Hitting the machine with a batted ball is a single the first time it happens to your team. The second time and thereafter, it will be an OUT!
5) The pitcher position must start with one foot in the mound dirt, equal to, or behind the rubber. You can play with four outfielders and no pitcher position if you choose.
6) 3 Strikes and you are out. If strike #3 is a foul ball, the batter is out.
7) Umpire will feed machine AND umpire.
8) Teams must bat their line up and no player can sit out more than one inning in a row.
9) Any player hitting more than one home run, out of the ball park, in a game, will win a prize that will be delivered to your practice, next week.
Thanks again, Sincerely,
Mike Nicholsen, WVBR President
Coaches & Parents
Please click on the link below for a chart of the 2018 WVBR Pitching Rules and Game Reporting:
Please click on one of the links below for a copy of the Pitch Count Sheets (By Division):